Monday, August 18, 2008

1962 Fiberglass, Back Help, etc.

Monday, August 18, 2008

"Disappointment is the distance between expectations and reality."

-----------------------

Remember when I think I came into contact with fiberglass dust last spring, and was sprouting what looked like glass slivers for days? Shreve at The Daily Coyote says bathing in vinegar dissolves the stuff. She says it feels weird. I almost can't wait to test it.

-----------------------

Saturday, when I was wearing the tight boned laced bodice, when I got in the car, the mirror was too low. It was showing back seat and a sliver out the back window. I had to adjust it up. Yesterday, wearing a loose dress, the mirror was too high, showing the roof and a sliver out the back window. Even sitting as straight up as I could it was too high. I had to adjust it down.

Conclusion - the bodice made me taller. My posture is usually pretty good. If I slump, my back goes out. So it wasn't just posture. I really think the bodice lifted my ribs and lengthened my spine.

I'm glad I found that site a while ago with all the different lacing. I'm going to need a lacing that doesn't self-adjust. By the end of the day Saturday, the laces had widened at the bustal area on the front and sides and down the tummy point in front, and had cinched very narrow at the waist all around. My lace gaps took on an extreme hourglass shape, and so did I.

.

2 comments:

Becs said...

So does the vinegar theory mean that whenever you wash your windows with vinegar, you are actually melting them?

And who washes windows in vinegar, anyway?

~~Silk said...

Wow. Good point....

Maybe that's what makes vinegar do such a good job on windows? It removes a thin layer of glass? Nah. 'Tis a puzzlement. Gonna have to find me some fiberglass and test this.