Sunday, July 27, 2008

1931 No Sleep

Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's 6:30 am, and I have not yet slept. We had a pretty unbelievable storm last night. Actually, three or four separate storms. I could tell when one ended because the cats returned to the bed, and then they'd disappear when the next started.

I think there was rain only with the last one. Mostly it was lightning and thunder. Lightning and thunder don't usually bother me, but I'd never in my life heard thunder like last night's. Loud and constant rumbles with a bang or multiple bangs about every three seconds. It was so steady and loud it sounded like a monster train coming - and from my memories of Missouri, that usually means tornado. At one point I considered moving to the basement, but then decided there wasn't much point.

That went on, off and on, all night. A storm would end, and I'd start to drift off, and BAM! it would start again.

I'm meeting people (FW and Roman, and four people from NYC Mensa) for another evening of Shakespeare at Boscobel. Tonight is Cymbeline. The group wants to meet early for a picnic before the play, and given the characters I'll have to deal with, it's going to be a very long day. FW bought the tickets, and we are each supposed to pick up ours at the ticket office. I hope she hasn't pulled another of her tricks and "forgot" to include my ticket in the count. I wouldn't put it past her.

Maybe I can get a few hours sleep this morning.

camouflage
More cat pictures.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Oh man. According to the weather radar, it looks like you're being slammed with the same stuff I am. Hail. Lightning. 4 Horsemen. Ack!