Sunday, May 04, 2008

1796 A Linen Complaint

A quick complaint. I'm getting good at complaining. Is that a function of age?

I've been staying in hotels a lot lately. They all have a notice that to conserve water and energy, etc., towels will be replaced only if you leave them on the floor, bed linens will be changed only if you put the request card on the pillow. "If you wish to participate in this program, hang up your towels...".

I don't mind reusing towels or linens, so I hang the towels up, and I don't put the card on the pillow. In fact, if I'm staying more than one night, I make the bed before I leave for the day.

In every case, they replace my towels anyway! And they usually change the sheets.

I've never had the housekeeping staff leave my used towels for my reuse.

Why? Are they just pretending to conserve?

It's annoying.
.

No comments: