Friday, February 01, 2008

1664 Still Waiting

Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm still waiting for that shoe to drop, I guess. Maybe it's winter blahs. I'm just not doing anything or getting anything done. I look at the local events calendars and mark things I'd like to attend - lectures, "evenings", openings, coffee house discussions, whatever - and when the time comes, I'm just not willing to make the effort to go.

I'm skipping something tonight that I had been looking forward to. But at least tonight I can blame it on the weather. We've had alternating snow, hail, sleet, and freezing rain all day. The roads are a mess. I've been waiting for the electricity to drop, but I guess no sliding cars or falling trees have scored yet.

I spent the past Sunday and Monday in NJ. They have no snow. It was so nice on Monday I left my coat in the car while Daughter and I were shopping. I felt good there, even with the poison air and lethal roads. Then I drove home Monday evening, and when I crossed the river and neared home, I got more and more depressed, in direct proportion to the depth of dirty snowbanks along the road. The ice on my driveway was the final blow.

I want Spring.
.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yeah....when I get my hands on the neck of that damned groundhog, he'll be praying for spring too!