Wednesday, January 02, 2008

1621 It's got nowhere to go but up

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My friends are not having a good start to 2008.

I was awakened this morning by a call from a dear friend who was fired this morning, no severance. Just bought a house.

Then I got an email from another close friend whose father had died yesterday morning. Not unexpected, but doesn't make it any easier.

A third friend had a project cancelled unexpectedly ten days before Christmas, and with no project, there's also no job and no paycheck. A new job has been found, but in the meantime, other things crashed and debts built up. Recovery will take a while.

Last week I had lunch with a friend who had just lost a major (as in multi-billion dollar) client, thereby reducing commissions, and therefore income, by more than half - AFTER the separation agreement, which had assumed a certain income level, had been approved by the court.

I'm afraid to go visit Jay's father.

I'm afraid NOT to go visit Jay's father.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a test. I'm wondering what "Anonymous" sees when they try to leave a comment..........

~~Silk

Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't even get the funny letters to copy! Ok, there's no excuse for not leaving a comment.

~~Silk