Wednesday, October 17, 2007

1510 Kitty Update

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Jasper went to the vet today, and had some minor surgery. (I suppose most males would not consider it minor.) He's still staggering a little from the anesthesia, but otherwise doesn't seem too inconvenienced.

When I picked him up at the vet's office, he was extremely inconvenienced, and let me know. He actually hissed at me, even after he knew it was me. I don't know what he was so ticked off about. I may have a serious problem getting him into the carrier again.

I'll be going to Chicago soon, leaving on a Thursday and returning the following Monday. That's three days I won't be home, and I've never had any problem leaving Miss Thunderfoot alone for that long. I just put out three days worth of dry food, and she apportions it properly.

I've concluded that I can't do that with Jasper. If I put out three days worth of food, he'll eat it all immediately, throw it up, and have nothing left to eat. And if I don't shut him away, he will also eat all of Thunder's food, so she won't have anything, either. I'm going to have to board him.

The schedule is too tight for me to take him to Pussyfoot Lodge, my first choice, so he'll be staying at the vet's (which isn't too terrible - they let board animals out to wander the office and socialize with the office staff). But after today's experience, Jasper may not be too happy to find himself back there so soon.
.

No comments: