Monday, October 15, 2007

1508 Total Loss of Anonymity

Monday, October 15, 2007

It happened for the first time today. It don't know how it could happen. I don't know how they found out, how they got the information, and it's freaking me out!

I got political campaign email spam on one of my ids!

It was for a Dutchess County judge running for reelection.

How did "they" know the person who owns that email id lives in Dutchess County? As far as I know, there is NO street address connected with that id through the email provider - it's a free email account. It's possible I have provided an email address sometime on some form somewhere to which a political committee may have access, but it wouldn't have been THIS id! I have other ids for that kind of distribution. This one is jealously guarded.

Ack! This is scary!
.

No comments: