Monday, September 03, 2007

1463 Vengeance

Monday, September 3, 2007

Picked up along the way somewhere: "While 82 percent of women say they have 'sought revenge' against a previous significant other, only 19 percent of men responding said they've been the victim of acts of vengeance from a previous significant other."

There a very large disparity in those numbers. The 82 seems too high, and the 19 seems too low.

On the 82% of women, one possibility is that seeking revenge is not the same as inflicting revenge. I have at least two exes upon whom I would have liked to have poured wrath. One of them would have been so easy - a short call to the IRS, and his ass would have been grass. I toyed with the idea for a long time. I got a lot of satisfaction from thinking about it. But I didn't do it. I also got a lot of satisfaction from thinking that I'm a better person than he was. So am I part of that 82% or not?

On the 19% of men, that seems low because almost every divorced man I know (and almost every man I know now is divorced - at least once) feel that the ex-wife got vicious and vengeful. Outside divorce, on the other hand, it's possible that the women were very sneaky, and the men didn't realize the source of bad things that subsequently happened to them. Like if my ex had been audited, he'd have never known it was I who reported him.

The other possibility is that it's the 19% of men who are deserving of revenge from the 82% of women!

I have a friend who has had some scary problems with women. He's been seriously stalked by several, and suffered some frightening acts of revenge. I have to wonder why he seems to be a lightning rod for female anger.

Does he lead women on, play them, make them think there's more to the relationship than there is? Does he lie to them? (That will guarantee anger!) Does he lead them into thinking about and planning for a wonderful future together, and then they find out it was all fantasy? Or is he simply drawn to the crazies?

Anyway, he's one of the 19%, and he himself alone accounts for several of the 82%.

When women act unreasonably time after time, there's got to be a reason. I wonder if he takes any responsibility for it.

-------------------------------

I switched from the (groundwater-based heat pump) A/C to (oil furnace) heat last night. All summer long water from the well has been running through the A/C, and now that's cut off. The only time the well pump runs now is when I turn a faucet on.

Since a few hours after I turned the A/C off, the water has been full of silt. It's so muddy I can't see through 2" of water in a glass. I let the kitchen sink faucet run for a while last night and it cleared up after a while, but the mud is back in full force today. You won't believe what it does to the toilets! I bought some bottled water to drink while I wait for the silt to settle down, but I'm desperate to do some laundry. I have enough clothes to go five weeks between laundry in a pinch, but I'm pushing six now, and I don't have any clean sheets left, and I'm down to holey stretched-out underwear.

(Yeah, I know. Extreme. I hate doing laundry. It should be easy because my laundry room is next to the kitchen, not in the basement, but I hate it anyway. I've been known to buy more underwear so I could put off laundry. When I do get around to it, I dedicate a day and do 8 or 10 loads. (I get away with so few loads because I have an oversized washer.))

I don't understand why the silt appears AFTER the A/C is turned off. Seems like it should be muddy when the water is being roiled.
.

No comments: