Monday, May 07, 2007

1234 Home Again

Monday, May 7, 2007

Tired. Three days behind on everything. Rochester next weekend, for Jay's father's 90th birthday. Laundry to do before then. Sigh.

I left a hotel in Edison, NJ, this morning, drove all the way to Suffern, NY, stopped at the first rest stop on the Thruway for ladies' room and tea, and realized I'd left my robe in the hotel room. I WANT that robe. I knew if I didn't get it back before the cleaning crew left, I'd never see it again.

The robe was a gift, and I took it with me specifically as a kind of exorcism. Which point would be lost if I then lost the robe. I couldn't allow it to escape.

Frantic phone calls (I didn't know exactly what exit to take off 287 to find the hotel, and I didn't have the phone number for the hotel). Had to go all the way to Harriman before I could get turned around on the Thruway, back to Edison. They still had my robe, although I had to argue to get it. The woman at the desk insisted I had been in a room on the first floor, and I insisted it was the second floor. I distinctly remember the flippin' elevator! She made me actually take her to the room. Then she finally found the robe in a bag with the room number on it, in the lost-n-found basket. The Man had made three calls to the hotel, asking about the robe, before I even got there - you'd think she'd have looked before arguing with me.

Briefly considered going south to visit Daughter, but it was 2 pm ish then, and I'd have to wait for her to get off work. Gave it up. Turned around again and headed back home. Stopped in Suffern again, finally got my tea. It was so hot and the "medium" was so large, it took me almost an hour to drink it. Got home at 5 pm.

Tired.

The driving wasn't the problem. Driving is not tiring. Not sleeping well three nights in a row is tiring.

Habitat called this evening. I've committed to insulation and drywall on Tuesdays in May, starting on the 15th. I wonder if I'd have committed to that if I weren't tired.
.

No comments: