Friday, April 20, 2007

1215 Who's Out There?

Friday, April 20, 2007

With the various data gatherers available, I can pretty well guess who's reading this blog, and when.

Hello, Clifton, NJ. When you know someone personally, it's nice to alert them when you've found their blog. I'm not absolutely certain it's Y-O-U, but whoever it is went to my AOL profile and found the pointer to my old blog, which contained a pointer to this one. Many people get from AOL to here by that route, but in this case, the timing was significant. (Sheesh. Did you forget you were dealing with a Mensan?) I don't mind your reading it. It is, after all, public. (And I didn't forget you're also a Mensan - I expected you to find it eventually.) I'm even a little flattered that you're reading it - it's a slog, sort of on purpose. I do, however, mind your not having mentioned that you're reading it. That's not fair.

Ahah. Now what do you do? I am not going to mention this to you. Not yet, anyway. You have to decide whether to 'fess up or not. How interesting. Who's playing who?

Also, who's reading from Andrews? You've been a faithful lurker for a long time. I'd love to know a little about you, but mainly I'd like to know why you find this blather interesting. I do hope I'm not a subject of research for a psych paper or something. Or maybe it's all those links to middle eastern blogs. Please reassure me.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been kind of dying for an update on this.

~~Silk said...

Lucie - dying for update: Yeah, me too. The suspected NJ lurker still occasionally refers in conversation and emails to things that could only have been learned from this journal (we're talking exact phrases). But then again, it could be just intuition and perception - entirely possible. But exact phrases? Sigh. It has become a game.

The Andrews AFB lurker still visits regularly and often, and remains unknown. Blogger's insistence on a Google PW discourages some people from commenting, I find.