Tuesday, April 10, 2007

1201 Sleepless

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

[Later edit - more info on the strange Blogger bug.]

I went to bed at about 4:30 am (don't ask, I don't know, maybe I'm punishing myself for having accomplished nothing all week), set the alarm for 10 am, worked some crosswords, and was just falling asleep when something woke me - to the sight of a huge wolf spider running up my pillow, inches from my face.

I have a small problem with spiders that close. I think they can read minds.

It escaped between the top of the mattress and the wall, and I've been wide awake since. I heard every click in the house, every train passing (two miles away), every vehicle on the road, every raccoon in the yard. Miss Thunderfoot snores. So here it is 7:50 am, and I may as well give up.

-------------------------------

Something has happened to Blogger. I don't have the toolbar across the top of this input area, you know, the "edit HTML", "preview", "change size/font/color" thingies? Anyone else having the same problem? It looks very primitive. (Worse, the "save as draft" button doesn't work.)

Surprise. Bloglines isn't working, either. Also primitive. I don't get the list of posts, the "buttons" that are usually on tabs are just arranged in a list, and they don't seem to work as links to anything.

I've seen all of this before, and it resolved itself, but I'm concerned because no one else has mentioned seeing it. Could it be only me? Has my Java gone sour, or something?

Later -
It's also Yahoo, and Flicker, and a few other sites, but only on Firefox! Netscape and Internet Explorer (and AOL, which uses IE) are having no trouble formatting the pages. Hmmmmm. It's not me. It's Firefox.
.

No comments: