Wednesday, November 29, 2006

990 Gifting

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

[Later edit - shortened link so it doesn't extend across margin.]

Dear Folks,

Just in case I happen to be on anyone's shopping list for the coming holidays, I want to make sure that everyone understands that I may send a few gifts here and there, but that they are given freely, unconnected with the season, and with no expectation of reciprocity. Don't shop for me. A letter, a card, a thought, a prayer will do.

I think that people have lost sight of ... well, you know what I'm saying. I'm sure you think it too. Sending people something they don't need and don't want, at a particular time of the year, just because you're "supposed to", doesn't strike me as "in the spirit". I prefer to give things when and where they are wanted and needed.

All I want this year (all year, every year!) is homemade peanut butter cookies (smooth, not chunky, very peanutty, with the fork Xs on top, some moist and some dry), and I think they're already signed up for.

May I suggest donations in the spirit:


Love,
[Silk]

No comments: