Saturday, October 28, 2006

947 Annoyed with Coldwater Creek

Saturday, October 28, 2006

I like Coldwater Creeks' travel knit (lycra) pants. They are silky and stretchy and drapey and supremely comfortable, and last forever. But, they are pull-on, elastic waist, no pockets, and therefore in my opinion not worth most of the $60-$70 Coldwater Creek wants for them. So I buy them on sale. At 50% off or more, that approaches perfection.

So, I found a notice in my email Thursday night that it was the last day! of a 50% off sale of everything in the online store. Wow! On the one hand, I don't need more clothes, but having gone from large to medium to small in the past several months, I do need more clothes that fit, and especially pants, especially in solid colors other than black. So I looked to see what they had, pushed myself to stay awake, and I bought a few pairs in brown and dark green and navy. I finished my order at 11:45 pm, just under the wire, and was very proud of myself.

Today I find in my email a notice that today is the last day! of a 60% off sale of everything. (The email implies everything online, but I think it's actually everything in the "outlet" section, but everything eventually ends up there anyway, so it's probably everything left from the 50% sale of Thursday. Like, the stuff I just bought.)

I am miffed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got invited to the 60% sale if you bought from teh 50% sale.

~~Silk said...

My first thought, reading the above comment, is "Whoa! Way to tick off your best customers!" Second thought is "Oh. Way to catch the ones who can't resist a sale...."