Thursday, August 03, 2006

833 No More Fixing Stuff!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I put four new tires on the minivan, and a month later it started this tummy-ache garbage.

My kitchen phone lost the outgoing message every time the electricity dropped, because the batteries had died, but I'd lost the instruction book and didn't know where the battery compartment was. Roman found it and replaced the batteries. A month later, the handset died.

I finally got around to changing the water filter in the basement (with Roman's help), and then the (groundwater based heat pump) air conditioner promptly clogged with silt.

The cement cap on the chimney was deteriorating, so I had it replaced. Shortly thereafter, the roof leaked, causing damage to the kitchen and livingroom ceilings.

I had the underbrush cleared out of the woods, and since then, six trees have fallen, one covered in poison ivy.

.
.
.

What conclusion should I draw?

My vinyl siding has a lot of mold on it. I'm afraid to have it cleaned. My driveway is cracking and pitting. I'm afraid to have it topped. And I don't think I'll get a physical or cut my hair any time soon.

No comments: