Wednesday, July 12, 2006

788 Crossed Fingers

I turned in the rental and picked up the new (to me) Aerio today. One of the papers that came with it has the name and address of the previous owner, so that's nice.

Then the Chrysler folks called. The minivan had been driven 56 miles by the technician who took it home, with no problems whatsoever. "Yesterday's stall must have been a fluke." So they came and got me, I paid (Almost $800 dollars!) for diagnosis, spark plugs, and rotors, and brought the van home. No problems with the motor or check engine light, but the second I pulled into the driveway, the radio display flashed "ERR---" and the radio cut out. I turned the radio off and back on, and it seems to think there's a CD in there, but there isn't one. Fooey. I wonder if they messed around in the dashboard with whatever they did. There's a scratch across the face of the radio display that wasn't there before.

Which makes me wonder - maybe I should try lowering and raising the ramp sometime soon.

I'll be driving the Aerio to Newburgh for dinner this evening. Maiden voyage. Cross fingers.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on the new-to-you car, and the soon-to-be son-in-law!