Monday, March 13, 2006

#601 Pity Post

Monday, March 13, 2006

Marge Simpson: We can't afford to shop at any store that has a philosophy.


----------------------------------------------------

You know, one of the things that happens to me over and over, and always distresses me, is that my accomplishments get ignored. Over and over at work, people got awards for things I had done to no acclaim the month before. One summer at work I turned in over $3,700,000 in cost effectiveness achievements, the most they had ever received in one year from one person ever. Six months later, they started a "Millionaires Club" for anyone who did a million or over, with awards and bulletin board recognition. They didn't make it retroactive. I was never mentioned. No one ever knew. (I didn't even know until then that over a million was something special.) Stuff like that happens to me all the time.

So I went to the spa last Friday, and there's a board, "Congratulations!" to the following members, who had lost 2" or more over the past month. I lost 4". I wasn't on the board. And I'm a lot smaller than anyone else, so it's proportionately an even greater accomplishment. Left out and forgotten again.

It didn't surprise me. Sometimes I feel invisible.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The man came early today to clean the furnace, so that's out of the way for another year. While he was here I took the torn tire off the garden cart. If I take it to the tire store in Rhinebeck, they can order a new one for me. I really want to use that cart to get stuff up the hill from the basement to the dumpster, but I'm afraid I won't get the new tire in time. All I can do is try....

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I am a slow loser as well-- just keep plugging away at it!