Sunday, February 26, 2006

#587 Shocking Cold

Another photo from The Leading Candidate. My hair is now a little longer, and my cheeks and chin are a little thinner. I don't usually photograph well at all, partly because my skin reflects light, so this is pretty good. (No, I'm not wall-eyed. That's reflections on my glasses.)

It's at most 15 degrees outside, more likely less. Every time I get out of the van, I get a shock, either when locking the door or pushing it closed. Big shocks. I have to work up the courage to close the door. Using gloves or my sleeve only delays the shock until the next time I touch metal. I'm glad I don't need to pump gas any time soon.

This evening, green sparks leapt from the key to the doorknob when I was opening the house door.

My hair is standing straight out from my head.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow and Tuesday - maybe that will calm the air.

Nothing else to write about.

Blah day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get shocks EVERY time I touch something in the winter time. My car, my cutting table, kissing my husband. I thought it was just me. I thought I was electric or something. The shocks are bigger when it's colder out, but there all winter nonetheless. Do you know why that happens?

~~Silk said...

Because the humidity is lower. What humidity there is outside is "frozen", and the heat's on in the house. If you wear clothes that generate static, or walk around in socks on carpets, you'll get shocks. Jay always used to touch a screw on the light switch when he went into the den to use the computer. I have less static in the house because I have lots of plants, but Miss Thunderfoot still won't kiss me in the winter.