Friday, February 17, 2006

#571 Catchup

Friday, February 17, 2006

The wind has ended, and I think I actually still have most of my trees. None down in the yard or the driveway, anyway, although there are a few more suspiciously clear areas in the woods.

Backing up to Tuesday, I had dinner with the Kingston guy. He showed up with yellow roses. I think he's probably very nice, but at the moment he has a minor and temporary, but very painful, medical condition, which leaves him distracted and uncomfortable. Plus, I think I (and Mensa) intimidated him a bit. He's probably used to more sophisticated less bouncy women. I'm used to men who smile and laugh more. Maybe when his problem resolves, he'll smile more, and my bouncing won't trouble him, but, at any rate, if I ever see him again (and I do think I'd sorta like to get to know him when he's more himself), it won't be for a while. He has decided to withdraw from social contact until he feels better. I sent him a rather raunchy get well card. Probable end of story. Tsk. A pity. Other than the dour thing, he was promising.

Wednesday I had dinner with Roman, and then class. I'm confused. He's confused. Neither of us is sleeping well. Same old story. So what else is new. I do miss him terribly. I don't know how I'll manage after this class ends, next Wednesday.

Thursday I woke with twisty tender pain in my left side, just under and in front of the lowest ribs, which progressed to occasional waves of abdominal cramps. I had other pain too, but I don't know if it was related, or just the normally ignored pain that I suddenly became more aware of, but I had a hot spot in my right palm, a crampy muscle in my neck, pain in the right temple that shot thunderbolts down my jaw, left hip ache, and left foot pain. (You know, sitting here now, I just sampled my body, and yeah, all those other pains are there, just at a lower level. Isn't that strange....)

At first I couldn't take a deep breath, so I thought maybe it was a cramp in my diaphragm, but then decided it was too low for that. Kidney infection? Nope, too far forward. Twisted intestine? Possible, but that usually happens on the right side, not the left, and lower. Then I discovered it didn't hurt at all if I lay on my right side, so I concluded that it probably isn't an internal organ. Conclusion: muscle, probably pinching a nerve which causes the intestinal cramps. Probably a result of falling asleep at 4 am with my face in a book again (for the fourth night in a row). So I spent the day alternating between bed and bath. Soaking in very warm water made it possible to move and breathe for a while before it clenched again.

I had to cancel out on lunch with Piper, the Third Thursday Mensa dinner (and wouldn't you know - Roman was working, so he had given me the coupons to take), and NTN (trivia) after. Sadness. I enjoy all three.

Today my side is a little tender, but everything else has settled down.

Saddest part of all this? I hear it was 61 degrees yesterday! I didn't get to feel it.

No comments: