Saturday, February 13, 2016

5057 Cold

Saturday, February 13, 2016

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-- Sir Francis Bacon --

------------------------------------------------------------------

We got spoiled earlier last week.  Balmy weather.  Several days I left the house without a jacket.  Thursday we got shocked back to winter.  It's been cold, overcast, and windy.  The widget on my desktop says it's now 18 degrees F and with the wind feels like -8, but that's in Hazlet, down the road a bit and further inland where there's a weather station, I guess.  Here next to the bay I'm sure it's colder.  And windier.

The folks across the street have a gas grill in their side yard, and they seem to cook dinner on it almost every night.  She's out there right now, a few minutes to 10 pm, in a cold wind, cooking something.

I don't understand.

2 comments:

Becs said...

I sympathize. I am cold, so freakin' cold, and I've been cold for years it feels like. I didn't go outside at all on Sunday (2/14). Must go to work today but, Lord, when will I be warm again?

rockygrace said...

It was fifteen below in my backyard when I woke up Saturday morning. And that wasn't even the coldest spot in town - it was eighteen below at the airport. Motherf*cking winter.