Thursday, April 09, 2015

4033 More birds! I'm under attack!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

There is a pair of tiny birds building a nest in the wreath on my front door.  When I opened the front door this morning they were hard at work, and fluttered away chirping.

The wreath is a grape vine and silk flower arrangement that Daughter and the Nugget had made for me.  The flowers are very large, so the birds had been able to tuck the nest behind them pretty much out of sight.

There are no leaves on the trees yet, not even any swollen buds, so maybe the birds are desperate for hidden spots.

I pulled the little circle of grass out.  The door opens inward, so when a parent is sitting on eggs and I open the door, the bird would be IN the house.  Not a good idea. I'm kind of hoping they try the porch light.  That wouldn't bother me.
.

No comments: