Saturday, February 14, 2015

4011 Respect

Saturday, February 14, 2015

"He who praises you for what you lack
wishes to take from you what you have."
--Don Juan Manuel--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I  have no idea what that green quote up there means, but for some reason it resonated with me, so I saved it.  Anyone want to take a stab at interpreting it in the comments?

-----------------------

I found this, and it also resonated with me:
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dy1Z8IEjIg]

(BTW, I am not an atheist, but there is no human-defined religion I know of that fits my beliefs.)

There's been a lot of discussion lately about violence and religion.  Christians tend to forget that Christianity has been responsible for a lot of violence, too.  Here, http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm, is a pretty long list of atrocities in the name of Christ.  It's enough to turn the strongest stomach.  Christians have no right to criticize any other group.

And the US can't say "Oh, well, that's history, we don't do that anymore."  Americans have a recent history of free-lance lynchings and burnings.  It's still happening.  Like last year in Mississippi.

---------------------------------------

I've been watching videos shot from quadcopters, and I WANT ONE!  A quadcopter, that is.  But I know durn well I wouldn't use it,  I don't go anywhere interesting anymore, I barely walk at all.  Daughter and Hercules would make much more effective use of one - so I bought them one.  A DJI Phantom 2 Vision+, with extra battery, extra propellers, and propeller guards.



It arrived last Wednesday.  Daughter is not very enthusiastic, but Hercules is thrilled.  He called this morning to say that he read all the materials, researched the local laws, and will be taking it out today for a trial run.

I had told them that there IS a string attached.  I want to see all videos shot with it.  
.

1 comment:

~~Silk said...

If the link for the video dies, try searching youtube for "Please respect my religion".