Wednesday, April 23, 2014

3844 Addicted

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I am addicted to the internet.  I browse for probably a good ten hours a day.  It's really getting out of hand.  There's just too much interesting stuff out there.  Too many links that lead me off into too many wasted hours.  Like, someone mentioned an episode of "Mama's Family" to illustrate a point the other day, and included a link to the clip on Youtube.  Three days later I had watched every 20-minute episode available.

I've been trying to limit myself, but it isn't easy.  Today I turned myself loose, and kept notes of what I did, where I went.  I learned a few things, like about methane, and about the active volcano in Antarctica, and how young men in Saudi Arabia are crazy.


Here's where I've been - one day in my addiction:

-------------
Five hours have passed.  Food.  Bath, got dressed. 
-------------
-------------
Cut open five 50-lb bags of sand, filled Nugget's new sandbox on my back patio.  Added shells and toys.  Her 3rd birthday is Saturday.  The wind was so strong I could barely stand.

Later, Daughter and Nugget visited and we had a tea party.  Nugget did an excellent job pouring iced tea from a small teapot, and serving little cuts of carrot cake.

It is now 7 pm.  Will wash yesterday's dishes, and start something for dinner, then watch Survivor at 8.  After that I'll peruse the 21 items that have already dropped into my feeds reader since I cleared it out at 5:30 (plus any additional that arrive later).
.

No comments: