Wednesday, February 26, 2014

3825 Blogs Coming Back!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts
who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
 --Howard Scott --

--------------------------------------------------------------

Blogs had been dropping like flies, as people's lives changed, or they moved to Twitter or Facebook.  I have a lot of sites I follow on feed lists, and as blogs tapered off, I just left them on the feeds list. Just in case, you know?

Well, in the past three weeks, four of my old favorites, unheard from in like two or three years, suddenly showed up in my reader!  Wow!

The brilliant young lady in Iraq has finished her studies and is now an (unemployed) engineer.  I can't wait to hear what she does next.  The slyly humorous bachelor somewhere in the mid-east seemed to have found the love of his life and dropped away a few years ago - and now he seems to be single again. I can't wait to see if he's perhaps wiser.

And so on.

I wonder why suddenly now?  It has awakened my curiosity about others.  Will the Arkansas teacher be back?  How about the lesbian drummer?  Or the Wisconsin gal who finally got her man?  Or the gay furry with the fascinating mind?  Will the American married to the Irani and living in Iran ever be back?  Will we ever hear again from the handyman with all the beasties?  Or the slob who managed to get her followers to send her gifts and money with all her sob stories - which infuriated me because half the stories were unbelievable, half were her own damn stupidity if true, many were copied from elsewhere, and half the pictures she posted as her own were straight out of magazines or off the internet (did she really not know people could use Google to find where she stole from?), and yet people SENT HER GIFTS!  And if anyone tried to call her on any of her shit, her sycophants would viciously attack to defend her.  Even though she infuriated me, I followed her bog because I just couldn't believe it.

One thing I like about following the blogs of others is that it illustrates so well how different the lives of other people are, how differently they think.
.

No comments: