Monday, February 10, 2014

3817 Silk Shoes

Monday, February 10, 2014

As usual at this time of year, I'm hibernating.  I resist leaving the house.   Most days I don't even get dressed, spend the whole day in a nightshirt and robe.  I also do nothing except wandering around the internet, reading books, watching video clips.  Except for Big Bang Theory on Thursday evenings, I can't even muster the energy to watch TV.  It's so bad my last "grocery shopping" was via PeaPod.

I discovered I can watch movies for free with Amazon Prime.  Not all titles are available for free instant viewing, but there are enough classics and lower-budget movies to keep me occupied for a while. 

Today I watched "Silk Shoes".  Found it by accident.  It's a Korean movie.  Independent.  English subtitles.  It was charming, glad I found it.  If you have Amazon Prime, I recommend it.

A lot of reviewers loved it too, but were disappointed by the ending.  Let down.  Confused.  I was confused because I didn't understand how the silk shoes were significant.

I did a little light research (with the help of this guy, who has provided an excellent review, synopsis, trailer clip, and link to the lyrics) and I figured it out.  The problem is that the subtitles didn't give us the lyrics of the song at the beginning and end of the movie.  So those of us unfamiliar with the song didn't know about the shoes.  It also explains why the old woman at the end asks Grandfather about his brother, which had confused me.

Well,  now you know, so go watch it if you have Prime.
.

No comments: