Saturday, October 05, 2013

3772 Dieting Disappointment

Saturday, October 5, 2013

"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her." 
--Oscar Wilde--

------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had Bisquick Impossible Cheeseburger Pie, one of my favorite things, in ages, and suddenly had a hunger for it.  So a few days ago I made it.

I was SO disappointed.  It didn't have the right texture or taste.  Not at all what my mouth remembered and expected.

I used 90% fat free hamburger, Lite Bisquick, 1% milk, and 75% fat free Cabot Cheddar.

No wonder it was blah.  The only things that were "real" were the onions, eggs, and tomato.  They tasted fine.  It was everything wrapped around them that was yuck.

Sigh.  It's sad when you get old and fat and have to make choices like that.
.

3 comments:

the queen said...

Or the company makes the choice for you. I'll never have my childhood pop tart again.

rockygrace said...

Sheesh, ~~Silk, I was gonna try that recipe!

~~Silk said...

Rocky - still try it. Just use the "real" stuff! Stuff with flavor and texture.