Sunday, April 07, 2013

3713 Meme

Sunday, April 7, 2013

You teach a dog not to do something. You teach a cat not to get caught doing something.

------------------------------

Accepting the challenge from http://becsagain.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-meme-meme-my-kingdom-for-meme.html and http://rockygrace.blogspot.com/2013/03/time-for-pop-quiz.html:

I'm supposed to start with 11 random facts about me.  Blah.  I've done that kind of thing in this blog multiple times over the years.  There's nothing left.

Questions for those going forward (from RockyGrace):
1.  What is one thing you failed at?
That's a philosophical question involving the definition of failure and individual response to it.  I might intend to do or be something, and it doesn't work out, but I don't consider myself having failed at it.  For example, the original intent was to be out of the country house and have it on the market by late summer of 2011.  I'm nowhere near that.  One might say I've failed.  But I figure it's just the way it worked out.  I guess I don't internalize failure, even when I could have done something to change the course of events. Like, there's a reason, exterior to me, for why it worked out that way. Sort of a fate thing. Maybe I just don't want anything that badly that I feel bad when I don't get it.

2.  What is your favorite season?
Spring!  Summer is second.  I get depressed by fall, and hibernate in winter.

3.  Do you ever wish you were someone else?  If so, who?
No.  I'd like to be taller, but I'd still be me.

4.  Is one of your children your favorite?
I have only one.

5.  How often do you change your sheets?  (Hey, I'm just curious ...)
When I walk into the bedroom and say, "What's that smell?"  Or when I'm expecting company.  Otherwise, who cares?

6.  If you won a hundred million dollars, what's the first thing you'd do?  (Besides call a lawyer, obv.)
Move myself and Daughter's family to nicer houses in a nicer place, redecorate, set Daughter and her husband up so working is an interest, not a necessity, and then start researching charities.

7.  What is one thing you're afraid of?
Something happening to Daughter or Nugget.

8.  Do you have a family member you argue with?  Other than the spouse/kids?
No.  Not much family left.  Sweet Sister is not someone anyone could argue with without feeling bad.

9.  Have you ever intentionally physically hurt someone?
No.  Not really.  Daughter got her thigh slapped once.  I slapped Jay once after he was bed bound, in a fit of frustration, but I slapped him on his left shoulder which he couldn't feel because of the brain tumor, but it left a hand-shaped red mark that flashed guilt at me for hours.  None of those were intentional.  Other than youthful battles with my brother, nope.  Don't think so.

10.  Ever broken someone's heart?
Probably several, including Ex#2.  Sometimes you just have to do that. 

11.  What do you regard as the happiest moment of your life?
Wow.  Many happy moments, but none stand out as the happiest.  Maybe my first date with The Man.  That was a full day of pretty incredible happy moments, one after another.


Questions for those going forward (from Becs):
1. If you don't like your name, what do you wish it was?
I don't particularly dislike my name.  I just like "Silk" better.

2. How many pets have you had? Which was your favorite?
Cats: Snowflake, Smokey, Ciddy Kitty, Peggy, Tigger, Suzie, Miss Thunderfoot.
Dogs: Sparky, Puppy (Phaedra), Pretty, Ninja, Baby
Birds: Jakie (budgy), a pair of Easter chicks that grew up to be roosters, Mr. & Mrs. (lovebird pair), Robin and Birdie (robin and cow bird chicks raised from hatchlings to wild release)
Mice: Mousies 1, 2, and 3 (a series of them captured wild and tamed, until they got loose)
Fish:  Tank full of unnamed guppies.


3. If you could travel back in time (and it would have to be back), when and where would you go and why?
Back to when I was working for IBM.  I'd work less and pay more attention to life.

4. Is there a sport you're good at or wish you were good at?
Nope.  No interest in most sports.

5. What movie must you always watch when you catch it, clicking through the cable channels?
None.  Not that I don't watch any movie more than once, but nothing will grab me like that.

6. You have just been told you must grab your family and a few dear possessions and flee your house immediately. You will never go back to your homeland. Where do you go?
"Homeland" implies going outside the US?  Hmmmm.  Probably southern France.

7. If you believe in (a) god, have you ever felt his/her/its presence?
Not a god in the usual sense, but I have had some experiences that lead me to believe in an alternate existence, and an explanation for the purpose of our lives.

8. You have just been invited to speak before a joint session of Congress (or the ruling political body in the country where you live). The subject of the speech is up to you. What do you choose?
Congressional Term Limits.

9. Was George Bailey ("It's a Wonderful Life") a schmuck?
I hate that movie.  In #5 above, that's one I click away from as fast as possible.  As to George himself, no opinion.

10. Did you have a time in your life when you believed everything Ayn Rand wrote?
Who?  Well, yeah, I know who.  I read her novels sometime in the '60s, and I wasn't impressed.  I didn't think I'd want to live in her world.

11. Who is your favorite relative, living or dead?
Nugget, of course.

Now I'm supposed to come up with 11 questions to pass on.  Nah, I don't think I will.  If you want to answer some questions, use the above.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing...