Sunday, September 23, 2012

3621 US- amputate, Canada- save, is that our choice?

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Success can be redefined.

-------------------------------------------------------------

People who are against "Obamacare" point to the Canadian healthcare system as something awful, something to avoid at all costs.  And somehow they seem to be able to find some Canadians who don't like it.  But it seems to me that there are a lot more Canadians who like it.  Like this one:

http://highlyirritable.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/at-least-she-can-still-give-me-the-finger/

Oddly enough, those Canadians who don't like it are alive and kicking.  And it seems to me that there are a lot more Americans who are dying from depredations of insurance companies, or are financially devastated by the American health care system.

Really, is it only rich Americans, Congressmen, and rich foreigners who deserve American medical care?

I don't understand.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Not that I'm a fan or anything, but I often find what Michael Moore has to say interesting. I watched "Sicko" and he had with him his aunt and uncle who were visiting from Canada. They said they had both bought temporary health insurance for their trip to the US.

Many years ago when I was a hotel maid in London, the husband of one of the guests had a heart attack. I met her on the stairs one day. She said they were American and that her husband (recovering nicely) was not going to be charged one dime for his care there.

I agree with you. Somehow, we're doing this wrong.