Thursday, November 24, 2011

3401 Parade?

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Can we all just agree to ignore Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

-------------------------------------------------

I love me some marching bands, drums, high school kids strutting. I love me some floats (or in the case of Macy's, balloons).

I haven't watched the parade in years, so this is a serious question --- when did it turn into a series of ads for Broadway shows? Note I'm not talking about the TV commercials. I mean much of the "parade" is performances from musicals.

Has the definition of "parade" changed?
.

2 comments:

Becs said...

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped watching this at least 20 years ago. I got very tired of the mindless, yammering "commentary".

little red said...

I got rid of cable tv some months back for much the same reason. Too many ads and too insulting to my intelligence.