Thursday, October 27, 2011

3377 A fashion education

Thursday, October 27, 2011

What bothers me about God is that he hates arrogance so much,
but doesn't seem to mind cruelty.
-- Paraphrased from Elaine May and Mike Nichols (actress and director) --

-------------------------------------------------------

I've been coming across references to"hipsters"and "hipster fashion". In my own head, with no evidence to guide me, I decided it had to be kind of like a 30s-movie relaxed preppie sort of thing, where one could wear what one liked without regard to what's "in".

I googled some images. Man, was I wrong!

It's more like a cross between grunge and hippie, but hippie that has discovered polyester and lycra, and has no sense of flow or beauty.

Bleck.

(Yeah, they wear neck scarves in June, but they HAVE to because they have NO BODY FAT to keep them warm!)

Images: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f89/hipster-street-style-45811.html
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

I don't think it's about the clothes. I think it's about everyone being ten pounds underweight.