Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3371 Strange

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say --- unless you insist on saying it.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson --

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the porch this afternoon. A very long, deep, low horn sound that vibrated in my chest. Sounded like it was coming from the bay. Maybe a ship.

I had a very strange reaction.

Back when I was in my early 30s or so, when I was very unhappy and slightly, um, "disconnected", every so often I'd think about aliens, about spaceships, sort of like "War of the Worlds" or any of the dozen or so '50s invasion movies, but more personal. I spent a lot of time alone back then, and I'd imagine a flying saucer or something, something very strange, landing near me, and aliens getting out. I imagined what I'd do. Where I'd hide. What it would mean. It was very strong and very frightening.

I heard a deep sound this afternoon, and for some weird reason I was momentarily afraid, and even though I knew it was most likely a ship in the bay, I looked at the thick clouds above (it's been raining steadily) and I fully expected to see something unearthly there.

And I wondered what I'd do.
.

No comments: