Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3229 Snow. Again.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

“It isn’t what we don’t know that causes the trouble;
it’s what we think we know that just ain’t so.”
-- Will Rogers --

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight inches of snow overnight. I was all ready to try my new electric snow thrower this morning, but one of the neighbors cleared 80% of my driveway before I got out there. My new toy handled the edges that were left just fine, though.

I cleared two other neighbors' cars and Daughter's car. I like brushing snow off cars. Weird, but there's something satisfying about it.

I heard today that of the "lower 48", Florida is the only state that has not had snow already this winter.
.

3 comments:

the queen said...

I heard Florida was the only one out of all 50. Hawaii has snow on top of some volcanoes.

~~Silk said...

Re Hawaii snow - see http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-12/winter-storm-warning-posted-for-hawaii-as-most-of-u-s-sees-snow.html

The mountain with the observatories on the Big Island occasionally gets snow, and it's predicted for this week, but I don't think they've actually seen it yet.

Badass Nature Girl said...

I heard the same thing last night that Queen did! Guess that acquaintance of mine who's been throwing her yearly trip to Hawaii in everyone's face might be getting some Karma back. Anywho, hang in there, we got more too. Glad the blower worked well for you.