Saturday, October 23, 2010

3136 Getting Cleaner

Saturday, October 23, 2010

When you tell a child he or she can be anything,
they tend to hear it as they must be everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My new washer and dryer have arrived. The washer is "High Efficiency" (HE). I didn't know that when I bought it. I chose this particular set soley because they were the only pair on which I could reach the top dials when they were stacked. Good- the washer uses less water and less electricity than the old styles. Bad - an ordinary load takes one hour! instead of the 20 minutes I'm used to. Yeouch! Same with the dryer. Almost an hour to dry an ordinary load.
Since I have no basement in the new house, the laundry area (and water heater, and storage) is tucked under the stairs. I stacked them to preserve as much storage space as possible.
.

No comments: