Thursday, May 20, 2010

2967 I'm back from nowhere

Thursday, May 20, 2010

It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me,
it is the parts that I do understand.
--Mark Twain--

---------------------------------------------

Wow. Nothing since last Saturday? I guess it's because I have a new toy, and we've had some sunny top-down-worthy days, which means all the time left over is taken up by ye olde to-do list.

I signed the contract for the house on Monday, so once the seller/builder signs, it's a committed deal.

On Tuesday, I joined The Man for the evening. Wednesday morning he set the pre-select buttons for me on Hal's satellite radio (Sirius) with the stations he thought I'd like. He did an excellent job - I love all his choices.

This evening I went to diner with Roman and his new lady friend. (I've told him over and over he should run ladies past me for approval, since he doesn't know what he wants.) I like her a lot, but I'm not sure whether it will be a good match. He needs to "do for" his lady, he needs for her to need him, it's an aphrodisiac to him, and this lady seems very strong and self-sufficient. On the other hand, she seems smart enough to play damsel in distress when he needs the boost, so maybe....

Otherwise, not much going on.

-------------------------------------------

A pet peeve: Decimate. During a commercial for a blender or chopper or something (I wasn't really watching), to show the power, the demonstrator put chunks of concrete in it, and the machine "decimated it to powder!"

Cringe.

Pulverize, maybe. Decimate means to reduce by one tenth, and that's all it means. So unless the blender shot one of every ten chunks through the lid, it didn't decimate them.
.

No comments: