Saturday, April 17, 2010

2933 Haunted?

Saturday, April 17, 2010

"If you owe me money, every unnecessary thing you buy
from the time I lent you money to the time you pay me back, is mine.
If you don't have money to pay me, you don't have money for that."
-- HellHathNoFury --

----------------------------------------

Something is doing something in a wall, somewhere. It doesn't sound like chewing. It sounds sort of like claws scrabbling, or a wire being wiggled.

It's been going for two days, it's pretty constant, and it's driving me crazy. Scrabble scrabble scrabble. Scrabble. Scrabble scrabble. Scrabble scrabble scrabble.

I can't tell where it's coming from because when I move, it stops, and because ever since the rifle range in my teens, my left ear hears better than the right, so it's difficult to determine direction. Everything always sounds like it's louder to the left. All I know for sure is that it's somewhere in the southern part of the bedroom wing.

I worry about mice chewing through wires and setting the house on fire, although folks have told me that a mouse would be electrocuted before chewing off enough insulation to cause a fire.

------------------------------

Later - crawling around on hands and knees. I'm pretty certain it's in the wall between the den and the hall. If I hit the wall, it stops for a good half-hour. No wires in that wall (relief).
.

No comments: