Tuesday, September 09, 2008

1996 He don't look nuthin' like me

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yeah, ok, trash TV is on all afternoon. Doesn't mean I'm watching it, but it's on in the background. And I am so tired of hearing baby-mommas saying "He looks just like him!" and prospective fathers saying, "He don't look nuthin' like me!"

I want to tear my hair out. Babies look like themselves! Looks have nothing to do with anything.

-------------------------

I wore a new Indian scented attar oil yesterday**. On our walk, Peter asked me what I was wearing, said he liked it. Very unusual. He mostly doesn't notice.

After the group dinner last night, Roman (who had been sitting next to me during dinner by default, not choice) walked me out to the parking lot, and stuck around to chat for a good half hour. It sorta looked a couple of times like he was debating going for a hug.

I'm going to wear that oil a lot more often, I think.

[**"Prema", sandalwood and rose, available at www.ramakrishnanandasgifts.com, wholesale only. It had been sent as a gift from one of my favorite sari dealers.]
.

No comments: