Tuesday, October 23, 2007

1517 Running

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Big date last night. Among other things (dinner, walk along the riverfront, long drive, etc.) we went to a huge arcade, where I learned about breeding and training a racehorse. Yup. I don't remember what it's called, but you breed a sire and dam, and get a virtual foal (colt or filly), name it, and then you train it, and feed it, and race it. My friend had a stable full, so we picked a good pair from his stable, and I got a colt, which I named Silken Drum. He's young, and doesn't have his full strength yet, did well in his first few races, and then came in last in the race just before the arcade closed. It was fun, but they have time limits on how long you can think about what to feed, and how to train, and so on, and I just don't think that fast. His data is on a card in my purse, and I can't wait to get back to him. He's cute. I hated to leave him with such a bad loss.

Today I went to dinner with a friend, and tomorrow I have to pack for Chicago.

Mother is having a good time.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

In Chicago, you and 1st Woman must check out Mertz Apothecary. It is wonderful, heavenly, and delightful. Do make a try to get out of the hotel long enough to cab it over to Mertz's. (May be Merz, can't remember.)

Enjoy Chi-town!