Friday, August 18, 2006

838 I'm Back...

Friday, August 18, 2006

[Later edit - I added a link to Pussyfoot. Help her out a bit. It really is a wonderful kitty B&B.]

Very quick entry.

I got home from Florida about midnight Wednesday.

Thursday I picked up Miss Thunderfoot from Pussyfoot Lodge, picked up and sorted the held mail, had lunch with Piper, and a buncha other stuff, then went to a group dinner in Poughkeepsie. I declined an invitation to go to play NTN trivia with Tom and Mark after dinner because I was too tired, and instead wandered around a department store with Roman, looking for exactly the right pillows and drinking glasses for his place. I could barely stay awake on the drive home, was asleep by 11 pm, with my face in a crossword puzzle.

Miss Thunderfoot hasn't gotten more than 18 inches from my right ankle since she got home. Mommy feels guilty. When I got home from dinner last night, I could hear her meowing as I unlocked the front door. Guilty, guilty Mommy.

Today I futzed around with the blog-reading backlog, and I plan to go to another group dinner in Newburgh tonight. It's 4:00 pm now, and I'll have to leave here by 5:10, and I haven't bathed or even completely unpacked yet, and I have some emails I absolutely have to do, so I have to scoot.

Back later. Or maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! My friend matt was there as well, and was quite shocked at the lack of excessive alcohol consumption. He reported:

"The strangest thing of all for me was how little part alcohol plays in peoples lives and especially in Mensa weekends. There was a free bar in the hospitality suite (only two pumps) and yet no-one was ever queing for drinks. We had the gala dinner on Saturday but certainly no wine included. There was a small cash bar but when I asked about a bottle of wine they looked at me as if I was mad and had to get the manager to give me a price for anything more than a glass."

The UK Mensans pretty much get smashed at all their gatherings.

Queen_Mum said...

Whew! Glad you're back. I've become an expert on fawn spots.