Saturday, April 01, 2006

#625 Mud

I worked like a dog yesterday afternoon and last night after dark getting the last few heavy things out of the basement. Rain was predicted for today, and when the hill is wet, I can't get the handtruck or the cart up the hill, because my feet keep slipping in the mud. Week before last I went to my knees several times.

The container is now almost full. Just enough room left for the dead humidifiers, and a few handfuls of trash.

There's some kind of volunteer fair going on at the mall today, so I want to visit that. Tomorrow I am having brunch with a new friend, at his daughter's deli. Should be interesting. I hope it at least makes up for the other blind date I blew off for tomorrow. He got very indignant when I wouldn't/couldn't tell him why I wouldn't/couldn't go where he wanted to go. I probably won't hear from him again, but that's probably for the best.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good move- it sounds like you dodged a foul-tempered man by cancelling that blind date!