Friday, October 09, 2009

2615 Cleaning out the closet

Friday, October 9, 2009

Robert Heinlein: "Being right too soon is socially unacceptable."

----------------------------------

I was supposed to go to a games/drinks/bowling social evening tonight, but decided against it at the last minute.  The clothing laundry pile had grown to 64 cubic feet (well, that's what it looked like, anyway), so I decided to take three loads of "dark" to the laundromat.  I actually prefer the laundromat over my washer and dryer because I can do multiple loads concurrently.  Plus my washer is old, needs to be babysat to ensure it doesn't overflow, and the well water is super hard and can often be silty.

So anyhow, I returned with clothes to be put away, and realized there was no place to put them.  My closet is in transition.  I'm midway in weight between too heavy and ok, and the weather is midway between summer and winter, so there's an excess of wear-now clothes.

I decided to spend the evening sorting.  There are things in the bedroom closet that I know I will never wear again, and other things I won't wear again until next spring and which should be shifted to a spare bedroom closet.  But, heh heh, the spare closets are already full of things I'll never wear again.

Trying on clothes now.  Five piles - keep out for now, put away for spring, toss, donate, sell.  I'm finding things I love and had forgotten I had.

Same with shoes.  All that's out right now is summer sandals and so on, one pair of walking shoes, and one pair of ankle boots.  My winter shoes are --- somewhere.  I'm hoping I'll find them in the next few days.

No comments: