Sunday, January 13, 2008

1637 Relaxed

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I had a very nice weekend. DVD movies in front of a fire in a fireplace.

It didn't start out looking good at all. Thursday night, overnight, we had freezing rain, and I woke Friday to no electricity. Out here in the boonies, that means no phone, no heat, no water (comes from a well, you know). So no shower, no toilet. Yeah, you can get one flush from each john, and a little bit of water from the well holding tank, but if you actually try it, you get air in the pipes when the water runs out, and that's no good at all.

I wanted to leave here by 2:30 pm. I fiddled around for an hour hoping the power would come back on, but when it didn't, I started with stuff I could do. I selected clothing from the very dark closet, and packed, hoping that I remembered what color that top is, and those slacks.

Now what? I hated to open the refrigerator, but that was about all I could do next. So I put together meal ingredients and packed them.

Still no power. If it wasn't back on by 1 pm, I figured I'd just have to travel dirty, get to the hotel earlier than my friend, and shower and pretty up there. Considering that my hair was filthy and messy, a day past time-to-wash-it (I had let it go specifically so I could wash it that morning) I wasn't excited about that idea.

The electricity came back on exactly at 1. I cleaned and prettied me up, verified that the clothes I'd packed were the right ones, and then I gave the cats 2.5 days worth of dry food.

Jasper was going to have to be shut in the laundry room so he wouldn't terrorize Miss Thunderfoot for fun, and eat all her food.

How did he know that was my intent? He was lured into the laundry room with canned food, but when I moved the dangly toy out of the way so I could close the door - note that I hadn't even touched the door yet - he bolted past me, tore through the house, and hid under the bed. This time, with ALL his body under there. How did he know?

I was forced to leave with him still loose.

Gack.

Well, the rest of the weekend went much better. I'm in love again.

When I got home this afternoon, Miss Thunderfoot had some food left (although Jasper's was all gone), and Jasper is still suspicious. He won't come close enough to me that I can catch him (I don't want to catch him now, but he won't believe me), and although his food dishes in the laundry room have been refreshed, he won't go in there if I'm in that end of the house. I may have to tame him all over again. He's a smart little monster.
.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I think Jasper was the one who shut the electricity off, just to trick you ;) It was all a ruse to steal Ms. Thunderfoot's food.

Becs said...

Do not discount the Power of Tuna to lure Jasper back to you.