Monday, May 08, 2006

680 Flippin' IQ Test



I took this test and swore all the way through it. It kept timing out trying to contact the site, but once I'd made it through 12 of the 25 questions, I was too stubborn to give up. It's probably timing out because half the journaling community is probably taking it now.

I give this mini-test a "B+", because the questions were typical of those you find on standardized IQ tests, and unlike most online tests, it didn't top out at 135 (although it may have topped out at 157. I wish I knew.) It didn't get an "A" because at least two of the questions required knowledge as opposed to reasoning ability.

Some of the questions were very difficult. If you try it, I'd love to know what your answer was for the "completes the series" one that starts with the back-to-back "C"s and ends with the upsidedown "T". That one really blew my mind. I copied it down, and I'm still fussing over it.

For several of the questions, one of the diagrams wouldn't show (and trying to display it with the right mouse button got timeouts), so if none of the other choices was the right answer, I just shrugged and chose that one.

No comments: