Tuesday, February 21, 2006

#578 Birthday Songs

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Well, I paid the bills last night. Wrote 15 checks. I was surprised to find out that nothing was more than a few days past the due date. Squeaked by again, I guess.

---------------------------------------

From John Scalzi of By the Way..., if you go to this site , you can find out what song was Billboard Magazine's #1 song in the US on a particular date. I was happy to find that the list goes back to the forties.

I tried 9/11/01, and found that the top song that day was "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys. (It was also the top song on 9/10/01.)
The top song on my birthday, 10/27/44, was "You Always Hurt the One You Love" by The Mills Brothers.
On Daughter's birthday, 10/19/75, it was "Bad Blood" by Neil Sedaka.
On Jay's birthday, 03/05/52, "Cry" by Johnnie Day & the Four Lads.
The day Jay and I were married, 01/07/94, "Hero" by Mariah Carey.
The day Jay died, 10/29/01, it was "Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige.
Roman's birthday (I think) - "I'll Get By (As Long as I Have You)" by Harry James.

Not that it has any meaning. But I do find the 9/11 one interesting....

No comments: