Saturday, May 11, 2013

3724 Disturbing bits

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Common sense is what tells you that the world is flat.
-- Malaclypse the Younger --

---------------------------------------------

With the exception of those whose celebrity is based on sex appeal, there is an inverse relationship between your earning power and the distance between the top of your hipbones and the waistband of your clothing.

-------------------------

New constructions driving me crazy:
  • "Embarrassed of".  I guess they are confusing it with "ashamed of" and "frightened of".
  • "Could of/would of".  Are they mishearing "have"? Or are they just lazy?
-------------------------

The minor news this week is the installation of a spire on the top of 1 World Trade Center, which "makes it, at 1776 feet, the tallest building in the western hemisphere".  

Sorry, but I don't consider spires, radio towers, or the like to be part of the building.  Yeah, it was built, and it's on the building, but isn't that like my spiking my hair six inches high and then claiming to be six inches taller? 

I figure a building is as tall as its highest habitable floor.  All else is decoration.

---------------------------

I have gained a lot of weight in the past 8 months.  I always told myself I wasn't too fat if I couldn't see my tummy past my bust.  I am now too fat,  by about a half inch.
.

No comments: