Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3178 Anticipating murder on Beachside Street

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up."
-- G. K. Chesterton --

-------------------------------------------------------

The past three nights when I went out onto the porch for a cigarette, I heard tinny music. Not close, maybe at the end of this street, or on the next street over. Bits of musical phrases on the breeze.

This evening I recognized it as Christmas carols.

I suspect someone's yard display includes music. Tinny music.

It's not even December yet. How long will their neighbors allow them to live?
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Suburbanite responds: First, go talk to said annoying neighbor. Could they stop the music? Initiate bargaining phase.

If this gets you nowhere, call the non-emergency number of your local police and tell them about this nuisance.

I find the going-and-talking gets better results than the po-po showing up at the door.

Sign me,
Been There