Friday, August 15, 2008

1957 Wow! Another car

Friday, August 15, 2008

Christine found a car for me:

It's a Tesla. I love the design, love the way it looks! Wow! It turns out the body was designed by Lotus. Too bad Lotus couldn't do as good a job on their own cars.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems. I'll have to do more digging to be sure, but it looks like right now it's available only in California. That's pretty far to go for service.

It's 100% electric, with a range of 220 to 250 miles between charges (various websites differ on the range), so I wouldn't count on more than 200. I sorta doubt I'd be able to pull into a gas station and ask if I could plug in. And I'm not sure how long it takes to recharge.

If one were looking for a second car, it would be the perfect "pot around town and shopping" car.

Thanks, Christine.

Hey, anyone else have recommendations? Find Silk a car!
.

No comments: