Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1661 Escape Artist

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, today Jasper got his first collar. He accepted it with no fuss or complaint. A half hour later, it was lying on my bed - unbuckled.

I put it on him again, with two finger's play, and again within a half hour he had unbuckled it. He didn't slip it over his head - he unbuckled it. Again I found it on the bed.

I put it on him a third time, tighter, and then went into the bathroom where I could see him on the bed without being right there. The little sneak immediately tucked his chin under, and pulled the band around until the buckle was under his chin. Within about 15 minutes of rolling around and amazing contortions, he'd managed to catch his lower teeth under the band next to the buckle, and he pulled on it until he had unbuckled it! Exactly the same way I would unbuckle it with my fingers.

What was cute was that his gyrations trying to get hold of the collar had spilled him off the bed, so he had removed the collar on the floor. The little stinker picked up the collar and deposited it neatly on the bed, so I could find it and put it on him again.

We have a new game.
.

No comments: