Wednesday, June 13, 2007

1304 Finished May Museum

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Went in to the museum today, and finished sending the membership cards. Alone. The last 36 were the complicated ones with all the fancy premiums, but it took me only 2 hours. Of course, I screwed up four of the envelopes, and had to reopen them and close them with tape. Big deal. I'm a volunteer, darn it! I'm allowed to screw up!

The volunteer coordinator says it's looking good for getting rid of the premiums. Of course, the renewal reminders I sent out last week still mention them, so there will be one more month of complicated mailings, and then it should get easier.

----------------------------------------------

I'm doing laundry. Need stuff for the weekend.

Which reminds me -

Four people in the past few weeks have told me they like the way I dress.

They: "I like the way you dress."
Me: "??? (raise eyebrows, tilt head)"
They: "Classy, with a hint of naughty."
They didn't all use the exact same words, those are the words of the male commenter, but that's pretty much what it came down to in each case.

I think I've finally found my style.

When I started to get the wattles under my chin, I started wearing more high collars, turtlenecks and so on. Then I read somewhere that the older neck actually looks better with MORE rather than less exposed. The older woman should wear wide low necklines that show the collarbones and the sides of the neck that slope toward the shoulders, and more of the upper chest (but not a lot of cleavage). It draws attention away from the neck, makes it look longer and tighter.

It works!

Below the hips, I like drapey long stuff, that swings or flutters when I move. Otherwise the lower neckline makes me look wider and shorter. Above the hips, clingy drapey tops with 3/4 sleeves (or at least to the elbow), and top-of-the-hip length collarless jackets.

This is maybe the first time in my life that I like most of my clothes. And all of it's comfortable.
.

1 comment:

the queen said...

I need photos of the wardrobe. I'm just now learning how to dress for my new middle-aged body.