Thursday, April 19, 2007

1212 Anticipation

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I met The Man at a New Jersey gathering on March 2, and on April 2 he joined Daughter, Hercules, and me at dinner. This Saturday we'll meet in NYC. He'll meet me at Grand Central at 1 pm, and we have 8 pm reservations at The View. Late train back home.

In the past few weeks there have been a few megabytes of emails and several hours of phone conversation. Last night one of the topics of conversation was online dating experiences, and how profile photos, email, and telephone can build expectations to unrealistic levels. I said "Wouldn't it be awful if, after all this, we annoy the Hell out of each other on Saturday?" His attitude is that we've already met a few times with chaperones, so there shouldn't be too many surprises, and if we find out that we don't work out one-on-one, oh well, we tried. My attitude would be more like "Oh, no, not again."

He's getting a little nervous, I think. I'm not nervous, which leaves me wondering why. I think maybe because based on what I've seen and heard so far, I like him, find him fascinating, but he's nothing like what I was looking for in age, height, interests, and he lives too far away, so however it goes, I guess it's ok with me.

Which is kind of nice because I can really be me.
.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck! At least it sounds like you can have a fun day of exploring the city with someone.