Monday, November 27, 2006

988 Bath Ball

Monday, November 27, 2006

Daughter gave me a fizzy bath ball when I was visiting. It was pink, and about the size of a softball. She knows how much I love long, hot, soaky, scented, bubbly baths.

I used it today.

I filled the tub with hot water and climbed in, and then dropped the ball in.

It fizzed. Then it started releasing leaves, stems, petals and flowers. LOTS of them. I didn't know they were in there.

They were brown, and tinted the water light brown. They floated and sank. They deteriorated and not. They stuck to the side of the tub and to me. They thickened the water. When I rubbed pieces between my fingers they felt slimy.

It felt like I was bathing in soup. Very nicely scented soup. Floral soup. But ... soup. Ick.

Cleaning the tub and unplugging the drain after was a pain.

Next time, I'll put the ball in a net bag before dropping it in the water.