Monday, September 11, 2006

877 Monday, Museum

Monday, September 11, 2006

I got a call from RSVP, the volunteer "mother ship", this morning. They want me to be a middle school pen pal. I'll find out more about it when they send me the packet, but the way I understand it, they pair you up with a kid, 11 or 12 years old, and you write letters to each other. About 4 letters each over the school year. It's a writing and composition exercise for the kids. You don't get each other's addresses, the letters are funneled through the school office, I guess. This is the same deal where I attended the picnic with the kids last spring, when I enjoyed them so much. So I said yes. Sigh. When do I get to meet the mid-50s to mid-60s men? Am I being tested?

I worked a few hours at the maritime Museum this afternoon, calling supporters/advertisers again to arrange for delivery of the "Pilot's Log". I'll probably start delivering them on Wednesday.

And that's about it for today. (No more beeping, thank Goodness.)

I'm meeting an online friend in Stockbridge, MA, tomorrow. He lives too far away for dating, we're meeting in Stockbridge because that seems halfway, but he seems nice, and it never hurts to meet people and make friends.

No comments: